British Gas Service Operations
• Apprentice Service Engineer
• Service Engineer
• Area Technician
• Lead Engineer
• Technical Support covering Lancaster area, South Lakes area & Central Lancashire area.
• Vast experience in the domestic heating / appliance maintenance engineering.
• British Gas Engineering Academy
National Recruitment, Training & Development
• Resourcing Officer Support
• Resourcing Officer
• Project Manager
Project Managed for Centrica- British Gas Engineering Academy.
• Worked with young people and community groups.
• Project managed video productions in London working along side Retena Productions.
• Also worked along side The Group just off Oxford Circus in London who work mainly with corporate investors providing online consultancy, they are specialists in online communication, hosting and managing corporate web sites, investor, careers and news media portals, and online reports.
• Ambition Energy programme was launched by Tony Blair, I managed the programme for British Gas in the North of England and Scotland and eventually Nationally, re-skilling and developing over 300 trainees and bringing them into employment. This involved those who were unemployed, made redundant, disabled, redundancy, lone parents and people from disadvantage backgrounds.
• Ambition Energy is the government’s flagship welfare-to-work programme, and was launched in June 2002. Its overall target was 4,500 jobs created over a three-year period and was very demanding. The programme brings together the National Employment panel, Jobcentre Plus, Employers, Energy & Utility Skills, colleges and the Learning and Skills Council through a coordinated approach.
• It was a privilege to manage, utilising Engineering Colleges nationally. This gave me huge job satisfaction because I was developing candidates to work in engineering and in the domestic engineering market.